About Me

My photo
Carmarthen, West Wales, United Kingdom
All images Copyright of Penelope Davies.

Thursday 11 August 2011

West End Project Update

Karen and I have decided to work together photographing Pannier Market. I find markets vibrant and lively spaces, and I'm looking forward to hopefully getting some good shots of the traders, customers and general views of the market itself. We will be asking permission to sit in the cafes and interview people about their lives and memories of Plymouth. Specifically, I would like to photograph older people who have a wealth of experience, and strong character faces. We were hoping to do this soon but as Karen has been unwell and I am hoping to take a few days holiday in Wales next week, we will be cutting it a bit fine to exhibit for the upcoming British Art Festival. However, I 'm sure that all will be ok and we will manage to get something in place for September.

The West End Project has been a great experience so far. I've been along to some of the Camper Obsucra events and helped to organise the space at 125 Cornwall St where we have a shop to use for anything "photographic."
Pannier Market




No comments:

Post a Comment