About Me

My photo
Carmarthen, West Wales, United Kingdom
All images Copyright of Penelope Davies.

Saturday 20 August 2011

Anne n Andy's Wedding

My friend Nancy rang and asked if I was free on the 6th August to shoot her sister's wedding. The couple were having a difference of opinion; Andy didn't want any 'Traditional Photographs', but Anne was worried that she would regret it if they didn't have some formal family shots. I agreed to do it as a favour. I have avoided weddings as I had shot three before I began my college course and I had found them incredibly stressful. But as this was a favour and they only wanted me for a couple of hours after the ceremony, I agreed. I thought that I would take some formal group shots and try to shoot some candids.

I panicked a little for the first few days after I'd agreed to do it, but then I gave myself a talking too and said to myself  'just enjoy the experience.' So that's what I did.

Being highly critical of my own work, I panicked a little again when I saw the results of my endeavours, but after editing and creating an album for them, I felt better. After all, I had done this as a favour, I had done my best and I have little experience of Wedding Photography. There is so much to remember when shooting a wedding, its not at all straightforward.

I needn't have worried; both Anne and Andy were extremely happy with my photographs and rewarded me with a very generous gift. It was a great relief to me that they were happy.

Here are some of my favourite images of the day.

Anne and Andy signing the Register

The Happy Couple

My friend Nancy with her daughter Tamsin

Clinging to Dad

This is my favourite shot of the day


A Happy Accident

Mr and Mrs A Blackwell








No comments:

Post a Comment