About Me

My photo
Carmarthen, West Wales, United Kingdom
All images Copyright of Penelope Davies.

Monday 29 August 2011

Setting Up My Work at the Gallery


Setting up my images at the Gallery today was quite stressful. All my insecurities about whether my work was actually good enough to be exhibited in the West End Gallery kept overwhelming me.

The images are a documentary style series, of the people of Plymouth walking by the Gallery, as I invigilated there. The images meant to have imperfections, they are meant to be a record of the local  people as they go about their daily lives. I suppose it is only natural to feel a little vulnerable when I am showcasing my work to the masses. It is the first time that I have exhibited in the City (as opposed to at the Art College).

But it is a wonderful opportunity and one that I am very fortunate to be a part of. Fotonow has enabled me to network, and to gain an insight into how the public view artists work.


Some of my images at the Gallery


No comments:

Post a Comment