About Me

My photo
Carmarthen, West Wales, United Kingdom
All images Copyright of Penelope Davies.

Saturday 10 March 2012

Sculpture At Ham Woods


I had arranged to meet up with Andy Blackwell this morning at Ham Woods. He has been spending time there clearing the brambles and thicket, creating a path through the trees, and making art that compliments its surroundings. 

The space felt womb like, so calm and comforting.  As we walked along the path, the wood held a unique charm in its blend of the wild growth, and the man made structures and sculptures. Every sculpture was a surprise to the eyes and senses. Andy has an affinity with the surroundings, it is clear how much he loves the space and enjoys spending time in the wood. As he continued to add to his art pieces, he was lost in the moment. It is a joyful experience to be present when art is being created. 

The pictures I have added here are from my mobile but as the light was a little grey today, I have played with them and created a more Lomoish look.

I took my Mamyiaflex Twin Lens medium format camera with me and shot one colour and one black and white film. I will take the colour film to Spectrum to be developed on Monday and develop the black and white myself at college. But I will return again when the sun is lower in the sky so that I can better capture the colours more vividly.

Andy is being interviewed on Thursday by Peter Davey from Tribe Magazine. He is being featured in the third or fourth issue and my images will accompany the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment