About Me

My photo
Carmarthen, West Wales, United Kingdom
All images Copyright of Penelope Davies.

Sunday 11 March 2012

Return to Ham Woods

When I woke up this morning, there was a bright blue sky and beautiful Spring sunshine. I decided that if it continued for the rest of the day, that I would return to Ham Woods with my camera to shoot images of Andy Blackwell's sculpture for Tribe Magazine. While we had walked and talked there yesterday, Andy had spoken of how the late afternoon sun highlighted the different hues of the twigs and branches he uses, and that he especially likes the tones created at that time of day. So I headed off on foot there this afternoon, and it was really lovely, with the sun streaming through the trees, catching light on the branches and bringing out the reds, browns and greens. Shoots are beginning to emerge from the branches now and Spring has almost arrived.

I am hoping that the images I shot yesterday and today will show the sculpture in its natural environment in the best light, and that both Andy and Tribe will be happy with them. I have several film to take to Spectrum tomorrow, they should be ready by the end of the week. I will post a few of the images then.

No comments:

Post a Comment