About Me

My photo
Carmarthen, West Wales, United Kingdom
All images Copyright of Penelope Davies.

Friday 16 March 2012

Exhibition Agreement

I visited the owner of Sprouts Restaurant at their new premises on West Hoe Road, Plymouth yesterday, to discuss the possibility of exhibiting my work as a solo artist during the Summer Months. It was a successful discussion and we agreed that I could exhibit there from May 1st 2012. 


Having now done a Group Exhibition, I was keen to exhibit alone. I had found working as a group, although very rewarding, also a little frustrating. We had not made the decision to work together, but were placed in groups by our lecturers. As a member of a group, it is not always possible to work at a pace or with the passion that I would have liked. There is a lot of compromise in decision making and curating. For these reasons, I felt that to try and exhibit myself would be a good experience.


I have just over a month to organise the exhibition. There are several lessons that I learned in doing the group exhibit that I can now use to help me set up my solo exhibition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment