About Me

My photo
Carmarthen, West Wales, United Kingdom
All images Copyright of Penelope Davies.

Friday 12 November 2010

Summer is Over

Using 120mm Black & White Film



This was my fourth attempt using the Medium Fomat Camera and at last I had some success. The Allotment has an abundance of photographic opportunities. I am still shooting the landscape in full view, and some of the details to capture texture and tone. I am noticing in particular the benches and chairs that are scattered around the space. People use their plots for leisure as well as for work. Now that the Autumn is here the seating spaces look a little forlorn, in the summer sunshine I can imagine people sitting to enjoy viewing the achievements of their toil. But the Summer is over and it is very seldom that I see anyone working there. The Benches and chairs signify the emptiness of the space as a whole.









Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment