About Me

My photo
Carmarthen, West Wales, United Kingdom
All images Copyright of Penelope Davies.

Wednesday 3 November 2010

Practice


Experimenting with black and white film for our Formal Intervention Assignment.




At this juncture I was experimenting with ideas and shooting with film to practice exposure. This is the technical skill that I have the most problems with. On Digital it is so easy to take several shots to get the exposure correct, but with film the decisions about which Aperture and Shutter speed to choose are vital to a well exposed print.

I am also finding that with a Medium Format Camera, getting the right focus isnt easy either especially with Depth of Field. Using film is a process of slowing down. I'm finding it a frustrating and disappointing process.

As with everything, it is only practice that will improve my skills as a photographer.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment