About Me

My photo
Carmarthen, West Wales, United Kingdom
All images Copyright of Penelope Davies.

Sunday 14 November 2010

Getting Familiar with the Space

I have been trying to return to the Allotment as often as I can. I enjoy the space more and more and find many aspects of the Allotment interesting.

There are the recycled wares from plastic bottles to baths to tyres; there is the vegatation in its various stages of growth or death , the saplings, the fully formed, the dying and the dead .... every cycle of life, vegetables, plants and flowers; there are the discarded wheel barrows and implements; the benches and chairs and the dedicated leisure spaces, now completely empty, telling of thewinter months that lie ahead.

I am thinking about all these elements and need to focus my concentration on one aspect so that I have a series of images that will tell a story. For the Assignment I need one photograph that will sum up

I have thought that I will continue with this project for a 12 month period because the changing seasons will bring more interest and highlight more aspects of the Allotment Space. I may also see some people in the Spring! I know that there must be people working on their plots because there are winter vegatables growing in several of the plots, and soil has been turned in several areas, but I am yet to meet them!

The following images were taken with my Digital Camera.






No comments:

Post a Comment