About Me

My photo
Carmarthen, West Wales, United Kingdom
All images Copyright of Penelope Davies.

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Deadlines Approaching

I haven't written my blog for a month or so and now I feel a little "out of touch." 

Both the Client Brief and Cover Story Assignments are due for hand in next week. I have more work to include in my sketch books, and also I am really struggling with my second book cover idea. I've been experimenting with different subjects but still no joy yet. I must admit I'm getting a little tired of thinking about both of these assignments and I will be glad when they come to their end.

I made a list this morning of "things I need to do" but my motivation is low and I need some inspiration to awaken me out of this "non-place"

I finally completed my Photo Book yesterday for the Client Creative Brief and ordered a copt, but I'm not happy with it. I am planning to re-visit two or three of the Public Art works to shoot abstract images as an extra piece to add to my final work. I am a little worried that I haven't done enough and hope that this will give an added dimension to the assignment.

As for the Cover Story ...the final leg of my sketch book will be my struggle to find a second idea. I know that there are many passages in the book that I could attempt but I'm just tired of the whole thing. My "other" life has taken precedence these past two weeks and my priorities had to change for a while. Its not easy to get back into the swing ... but I have to put myself into the zone and just get on with it all.
The following images are some of my experimental ideas for the Book Cover.







Each image is a loose representation from a passage in the book in abstract form.

Here is a link to my Public Art Photo Book on Snapfish

No comments:

Post a Comment